Product Design Internship at deGast deSIGN
Do you have a passion for Design, the way things work, mechanisms & materials and would you like to get involved in developing nieuw & innovative product designs, then this internship is for you. Get a comprehensive hands-on experience of product design from research, conception, through to production and client relationships.
- are an Innovative, Technically inclined Product Designer, or a Design-orientated Engineer
- are Good with 3D programs (Solidworks, Rhinoceros) and Photoshop / Illustrator
- preferably have an Affinity with Structural packaging, kitchen Products & the outdoor markets
- preferably have Technical insight and a good understanding of injection moulding
- are Prepared to be involved for a 4-6 month fulltime commitment.
- have an Indépendant & proactive attitude
- are Open to Listen & Learn
- Research, ideation, sketching & brainstorming of new products such as food storage jars & closures, folding etagiers, Folding lunchbox, ...
- Sketching, Designing and Rendering in 3D
- 3D detailing of simple mechanisms & closures
- Making presentations of the above
- Cardboard modelmaking
Wat we offer you :
- Diverse studio work in a small and creative environment
- A unique work, experience & learn placement literally 20 minutes from Amsterdam CS
- insight into the amazing possibilities of materials, technologies & mechanisms as tought in the masters course at the IED
- unique Library of physical samples & inspirations on hand
deGast deSIGN is an Industrial & Product Design Consultancy that was set up in 1995 by Barro de Gast in Milan. Since 2014 they relocated to the Amsterdam area in the Netherlands where they continue to work for numerous international clients (WMF, Koziol, Fozzils, Silit, IED, Chicco, Tupperware, Alfi, OMMO). They work in various fields of design, ranging from product design, structural packaging, to prototyping and Lecturing at Universities. Their work is inspired by emphasising useability, innovating function, respecting icons, whilst exploiting materials for their unique properties.
Does this sound interesting ?
Then send us your portfolio, motivation and CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org
deGast deSIGN website :