Are you looking for an adventurous product design internship in Cambodia? Are you always curious, eager to learn more, gain experience and dare to take initiatives? Then Ka-Lai Chan Product Design is looking for you!
Starting from September - 10 December 2017 Ka-Lai Chan is looking for a motivated product design intern for 5 days per week for a period of 3 months in Siem Reap, Cambodia. As an intern you will be involved in almost all activities that happen on daily base. Tasks include for example brainstorm sessions, sketching and visualize new designs. You will be researching materials and production techniques, prepare and assemble orders, making (technical) computer drawings, renders, updating website and social media.
Our studio is basically divided in three directions;
- For MANAVA you will develop rattan products together with me and the local women in the villages. You will learn more about the rattan weaving craft and help them to get a sustainable income.
- Make technical computer drawings, renders and brainstorming of products for International design brands.
- You will take part in the whole process of artwork/installations for hotels and restaurants.
It would be an unique cultural experience in an inspiring surrounding Siem Reap, Cambodia. You will experience and learn how it is to have and how to run a design company on your own in another country. How a project looks like from begin to end etc. Flight is not compensated. Clients: Van Gogh Museum, Puik-Art, Hotel Okura, Kristalia and more.
- At least 2-3 years of design study
- Working independent and dare to take initiatives
- Adobe CS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Solid Works, Keyshot, Vectorworks or Rhino
- Working with standard (electric) tools and machines
ABOUT KA-LAI CHAN
Ka-Lai Chan is a designstudio specialised in interior products. Sustainability, nature and people are central. She designs for design brands and besides that she creates experiences (products/installations) for hotels, restaurants and companies. She translates stories in functional products. Her work was presented in various galleries, international design fairs and exhibitions in USA, France, Italy and the Netherlands. For more information check my websites: www.kalaichan.nl | www.manava-cambodia.com or Facebook pages: www.facebook.com/kalaichandesign | www.facebook.com/manavacambodia.
If you are motivated and you have passion and dedication for crafts and product design, we would love to hear from you! Send your motivation letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.