WAACS IS HIRING Junior industrial designer or Industrial designer
Start January 2018
WE ARE WAACS
We help brands and companies to develop new products based on consumer insights. The people that use our products are our inspiration.
WHAT WE DO
We develop and design consumer products including user interfaces and structural packaging. We design medical braces and connected health devices. We design beer bottles and coffee makers. We develop products in plastic, metal, fabric, pixels or any other material or medium that suits best.
WORKING AT WAACS
Founded in 1992, WAACS has an established track record to build on, yet the average age is under 35. We combine the experience of a great history with the ambition of our young talent to contribute to innovations time and time again. We operate from a penthouse studio in heart of Rotterdam and develop products for brands from all over the world: from Reykjavik to Cape Town, from Redmond to Shanghai.
Are you an industrial designer, that enjoys seeing a product through from start to finish? Do you desire to research, design, mock up and CAD those same products? Are you willing to work towards our goal of nothing less than perfection? We are looking for energetic, curious, and charismatic personality that infects others with passion for design and that has a sense of humor. At the same time we expect you to have a no-nonsense and hands-on mentality and have the maturity to adapt and work individually as well as with others in a team setting.
- assist our team in creating and realizing new product design
- translate sketch designs to concept designs in 3D CAD (SolidWorks)
- visualize designs in computer rendered images (Maxwell, KeyShot)
- do design research and help create design presentations (Adobe CC)
Your competencies (must-haves):
- bachelor or master degree in industrial design
- excellent skills in 3D CAD software (SolidWorks)
- excellent computer (surface) modeling and rendering skills
- good sketching and visualization skills
- good communication skills in English and Dutch
- knowledge and interest in manufacturing techniques in general and injection moulding in particular
Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide a personal motivation and sample portfolio (PDF file not exceeding 5Mb or link to personal website). You may send your application to career[at]waacs.nl. Please do not send printed portfolios.
For more information you can also call Eefje Verstraelen at +31 10 4126999